Monday, February 2, 2009

BLACK HISTORY MONTH: FEBRUARY 2009

President Obama! Wow! I am so pleased that he won the race for the presidency. By President Obama becoming the 44th President of the United States of America, I have regained my faith in the American people. I cried when he was sworn in as President of the United States on January 20th. I really did not believe that this day would ever come. I can only imagine what Martin Luther King would have said had he still been alive today!
Some of the amazing African Americans who have left a huge impression on my life by the words and actions that have shaped their lives. The things that they have done have enabled not only black Americans to live in a better world but also every American. By displaying empathy and love for everyone - regardless of their colour.
February is Black History Month and it is a time for us to reflect on the great people who have made an example of themselves so that people can live in a better world. I make it a point to share this month with my children. I tell them about some of the truly courageous people who have shaped our world by not being selfish, by loving one another for who we truly are. Not who someone would hope we could become.
Tribute to Great African Americans
Martin Luther walked so that
Rosa Parks could sit,
Rosa Parks sat so that
Obama could run,
Obama ran so that
Our children can soar!

No comments:

Post a Comment